The Sonic Gun Weekender is nearly upon us, where three days of the best in Birmingham’s live music will take over The Castle and Falcon on Friday, August 17th until Sunday 19th.
As well as over 20 performers and DJ sets from Birmingham legends Swim Deep and Peace, Sonic Gun Concerts have announced House of Hen as their official street food trader. House of Hen combine a fusion of cult favourite Southern fried chicken with the heat of exotic Korean flavours. Their extensive menu includes crispy chicken tenders in Korean BBQ sauce with kimchi and four types of burgers including a vegan option: The fiery Bang Bang Cauliflower.
Read the full menu below:
- Crispy fried chicken with spicy Korean BBQ sauce and tangy chow slaw, pickled radish & red chillies on a brioche bun
- Crispy fried chicken with tangy kimchi on brioche bun
- Chicken tenders served with a side of kimchi, topped with Korean hot BBQ, red chillies, spring onions and coriander
- Bang Bang cauliflower topped with Korean bbq, spring onions, chillies and coriander (V)
- Fried cauliflower with tangy chow slaw, pickled radish & vegan gouchujang mayo on a floured vegan bun (Vegan)
- Tie ice super crispy fried chicken in a buttery brioche bun with a choice of sauces (gochujang mayo, hot Korean BBQ, pickled fried chilli)
To pair with all the delicious offerings from House of Hen, The Sonic Gun Weekender will also have its own bespoke cocktail bartender. Taking a residence in the Castle and Falcon over the weekend, expect staple drinks like mojitos, daiquiri’s and amoretto sours, as well as classic cocktails with a modern flair.
Tom Holloway of Sonic Gun Concerts said: “Sonic Gun Concerts are delighted to be putting on the first annual Sonic Gun Weekender at one of our favourite venues in the city. The Castle & Falcon is a great supporter of national and international music and it made total sense to put our first weekender here!
“The bands on the bill are all bands that Sonic Gun Concerts have worked closely with over the last 3 years and the idea for the weekender was to put a spotlight on the amazing talent our city has. Every event needs great food and drink and we’ve got exactly that, I absolutely love everything about House of Hen and I am so happy they wanted to be involved in the weekend. It should be a fantastic weekend and I hope you can all join me there.”
The Sonic Gun Weekender starts at 6pm on Friday, August 17th, 3pm on Saturday 18th and Sunday, August 19th. Tickets are close to selling out, so grab yours whilst you can.